Our lawyers at Uricchio, Howe, Krell, Jacobson, Toporek, Theos & Keith P.A., are well known in the world of South Carolina workers’ compensation. We have established relationships with workers’ compensation insurance carriers and adjusters, helping us during negotiations. We have opposed efforts to limit benefits to injured workers. We have successfully settled hundreds of workers’ compensation cases.
Learn about your rights
We are particularly concerned with our clients’ medical care. It is critical to obtain treatment after a workplace injury. If you do not have a doctor, our firm may be able to steer you in the right direction. We are also concerned about the information injured workers receive after their injury. Employers seldom tell employees about their workmans comp rights.
Take action to obtain maximum benefits
It is important to contact an attorney after a workplace injury to learn about your rights and options. Although South Carolina is sometimes thought of as a state with a weak workers’ compensation program, there are many things a knowledgeable lawyer can do to help you obtain the maximum compensation available.
Things you may not know
- Older workers who are unable to return to the same type of work may be able to obtain benefits to cover their loss of earning capacity.
- Workers’ compensation provides for reimbursement for prescription costs and travel to doctor visits.
- After an injury, you may be able to receive temporary total disability payments.
- Benefits are available to injured workers whether or not the injured worker was at fault.
- If there is a dispute about your benefits, you may be able to receive temporary benefits pending the resolution of the dispute.
- If you are killed on the job, your heirs are entitled to 500 weeks of benefits.
Most injured workers are covered by workers compensation
We represent people in workers’ compensation matters throughout South Carolina. Our clients include employees in all types of industries and businesses, including steel mills, local and state government employees, textile factories, aluminum plants and the Port of Charleston.
If you have suffered an on-the-job injury, don’t wait to find out about your rights. Contact our Charleston law firm at (843) 723-7491.
To learn more visit our workers compensation information center.
Credit cards accepted
Our attorneys will visit you at home or in the hospital